The only blog not featuring an ipod.

Mexico City.

It's been a really fine night, in the sence that I'm drunk and nonetheless I don't fell like shit, which usually happens every time I'm drunk. I've had this really exiting talk with Mariano, a friend of mine, about the city and about how we must go about it seeking new stuff, and of the really nice things he's witnessed when going arround the place. It was really exciting, it is a project for the future, something I long for. To go about the city and enjoy it, and get to know new stuff and get to be happy again.

Today, walking arround my house I realized how I've forgotten the way the city feels... I've been so inmerse in my stuff, not only in my part of the city, but also in my personal stuff, that I've been unable, even in my long walks, to enjoy the city, this city whish I love so much. It is fantastic, that feeling, of beign in Mexico City... a feeling I haven't enjoy in any other city I've beento. It's not about cosmpolitanism.. it's not about traditions, it's just about progress and a mixture of tradition and longing for the future... it's actually really hard to explain, but this city makes me feel like there is indeed a future, like there is indeed somewhere where all this shit is leading to. Not necesesarly a nice place, because pollution and overcrowding might very well be leading us to doom, but somewhere nonetheless... somewhere where a new life awaits. That is indeed the reason why I, along whith many other thousand came to this city.. because there was something awaiting... it's rather hard to describe what that something is.. but there is something.

This place is moving.. and when here.. you move with it. This place is growing, this place is fighting, this place is going faster... and we all are going with it. Every corner, every person, every streen and every building.. alll the clouds coming on top of it, and all the mountains surrounding it, are all singing the very same thing: ahead. While it is unclear if that 'ahead' is related to glory or to pitty, at least it is ahead,and the feeling of stagnation is never felt. This a place to be alive... a place to move and not be idle, a place to go further. That, indeed that is what is most enjoyable, not the sights, not the postcard sites, or the traditional stuff.. but that feeling of going further everyday, even if stuck in the traffic.. but going further.. that's what this city is all about.

That's what I want to feel.

We are heading for tomorrow.

1 comment:

VíctorMireles said...

Well... it's not percisely perfectly written.. but I kind of enjoyed reading it.




Alguien me habló todos los días de mi vida al oido, despacio, lentamente. Me dijo: ¡vive, vive, vive! Era la muerte. (JS)