The only blog not featuring an ipod.

reach up

Chinese President Hu Jintao (3rd, R), Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev (3rd, L), Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev (2nd, R), Russian President Vladimir Putin (2nd, L), Tajik President Emomali Rakhmonov (1st, R) and Uzbek President Islam Karimov (1st, L) plant a magnolia tree to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the founding of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) at
a hotel in western Shanghai, east China on June 14, 2006.




Planting a tree and seeing it grow, is supposed to be a way to remind one of his past, and of the path that's been walked to get here. And when it's large and tall one can say with a smile "ohh I saw it grow". Well, I've lost track of the couple of trees I've planted, but I saw this one building grow. I saw it last night, and I realized it is now finished, it is up and it is running, people are living and working in it, laughing, deciding, creating, getting bored. And for that to be, hundreds or thousands had to work, sweat and maybe die.

And after all that, I'm standing in the same place. I saw it grow, but I didn't see my self grow. It is amazing, how some things are easier to build than other. It is amazing, how some of us refuse to grow, and how, when the trees reach the sky , we say "oh, I saw it grow" and we cry.

1 comment:

Ale Manjarrez said...

I also see things "grow" ... and cry.




Alguien me habló todos los días de mi vida al oido, despacio, lentamente. Me dijo: ¡vive, vive, vive! Era la muerte. (JS)