The only blog not featuring an ipod.

Subway Dream


It was a crowded subway platform like those we are so used to here in Mexico City.

After a while of waiting for the train, it struck me that all of us waiting were young people, and more than one had with them some sort of strange object. One had a snowboard, other had a set of PVC pipes. The wait was getting unusually long.

Suddenly someone came in, an official of sorts, and announced that the train service would stop but that we couldn't go out because "the country had fallen apart" and this was the only safe place to be. I approached him and told him that if he knew that he had some sort of contact with the outside so why shouldn't we, and he, in a classic gesture of authority, dismissed my remark as nonsense and laughed.

I stayed there for what seemed a couple of hours, chatting with people etc, and suddenly I realized I could scape trough the tunnel. So I started walking down the tunnel until I found a place where my mobile phone could manage a signal, and called my mother. I was very happy to hear she was alive, after all the country had fallen apart, what ever that meant. Yet, she didn't sound quite that happy to listen to me.

So I told her "Hi mom, I'm all right, how are you and Pa doing?" and she said "I'm all right" in a stern voice, then added "And in all this time, what have you done, are you married now, with children?" And I replied "Why do you say that Mom, how long has it been since we last talked" And she answered, rather angrily, "Forty two years".

And then I realized that indeed, in that subway station I was trapped in time, and I would go out forty two years later than when I went in.

-

I am not really sure dreams can be subject of interpretation. Perhaps dream-interpretations are to be subjects of interpretations.

3 comments:

Libia said...

Me pregunto si el 42 fué al azar o...tu sabes...42...

Adriana said...

Siempre tienes sueños bien padres!

Moon said...

Such a crazy dream!!!




Alguien me habló todos los días de mi vida al oido, despacio, lentamente. Me dijo: ¡vive, vive, vive! Era la muerte. (JS)