The only blog not featuring an ipod.

That soon?

I have this recurring memory of a supermarket in Cuernavaca, the rain, and me running in the parking lot trying to fetch a cab. The rain, the groceries, the cab, with it's characteristic smell of Tsuru, the city, the palm trees on Juarez av, the climbing streets, the falling rain, her.

And that smell is in my thoughts the same as that of old Datsuns, sometime in the late 80s. The hard door knobs, the doors so thin, the window handles with chromed knobs. They were rather narrow cars, and they had that smell, that feel of metal, and those analog displays. The windows creaked when they moved down, and the rain was so loud on the roof. Those were used as cabs and I used to ride them with my mother, going downtown sometimes. And then there's the smell of downtown, a whole story all together. But that feeling and that smell Datsuns inherited to Tsurus.

The exact same feeling you get riding a Lada 1500. No wonder.

I like that feeling, that smell.

No comments:




Alguien me habló todos los días de mi vida al oido, despacio, lentamente. Me dijo: ¡vive, vive, vive! Era la muerte. (JS)